Tuesday 30 August 2016

How long should my blog be?

The Datapartners Daily Blog about blogs: 2 of 10

Guys, have you ever actually asked a woman whether size matters or not? Me neither but I’m sure different women would give you different answers. The nice ones will lie just to make you feel better about yourself.

Anyway, the point is that it’s the same answer to this question. Some people like short and sweet, others like it long and substantial. In truth, it doesn’t matter how long a blog is, as long as it’s good quality. If a blog is badly written, it’s less likely to get much in the way of interest. Unless it’s so badly written it goes viral for its utter ridiculousness, but you probably don’t want that.

Having said all that, I would personally never want to write a blog longer than a thousand words. This is because I wouldn’t want to read a blog that is over a thousand words. If I wanted to read copious amounts of text, I’d read a book. On the flip side, I wouldn’t personally write a blog that is less than two hundred words. This is because anything under two hundred words is barely a sentence.

It’s really a matter of preference but I’d say a good guide was between 200-1000 words. As long as the content is good and engages the reader.


This blog is 242 words. Oh and for the record, I’m hung like a genetically modified horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment